Friday, July 24, 2009

Off to the country...

We are headed to Tallulah tonight to stay with Wade's parents. I think it's a little ridiculous how much I love to go to my in-laws. I get more excited than Wade. First off, they're wonderful and I love seeing them. Secondly, it's the country and, at night, you can see every single star in the sky. Also, they live "10 minutes from the nearest loaf of bread" (that's actually the description Wade gave me the first time I visited to prepare me) so even if you wanted to do something, you really can't. Your only options are to sit and visit while riding around the farm, sit and visit in the house, or sit and visit on the back porch. It's a beautiful thing. Oh, and don't get me started on their cooking! Both Wade's Mom and Dad are fab cooks and I think we leave there at least 5 lbs. heavier with each visit. Anyway, for those of you checking in on us this weekend, we're doing JUST FINE!
Rookie is doing good too and, Man, has Baby started moving. I just sit and watch my stomach move all over. I told Wade that Rook was moving so much when I was trying to nap yesterday that I'm pretty sure the bed was shaking. Maybe not, but that child would not simmer down. Supposedly, it's growing at the rate of 6 oz./week and the size of a legal envelope. Forget the fruit and veggie references now, it's outgrown all things on the produce aisle. I better head off. How sad is this??? I'm going to the gym but I have to go at the top of an hour because when I'm on the elliptical, I like to watch American Justice or Cold Case Files (which start at 0900 and 1000). Pitiful, huh? Keeps me going for an hour though!

No comments:

Post a Comment