Sunday, April 4, 2010

Easter Arts

Project #1
This was one that Everett and I told noone about (for those of you who know me, that's a big deal.) Anyway, we wanted to send a few cards to the Grandparents, Aunts, and Uncles so we made these cards a few weeks ago. I searched online for Easter hand/footprint ideas but all I found was these lame thumbprint chicks. My son's thumb print is about as big as a pin top so I didn't really think I could make a chick out of that. I brainstormed and came up with these cards. I'm no artist so I was pleasantly surprised that they even resembled bunnies. Here's what you need (which you probably have most of these things lying around the house--maybe not lying around the house but if you have an art box, definately in there. or maybe you're messy and do have paintbrushes lying around your house. anywho...) Michael's or Hobby Lobby sells the blank cards.


Then, you need two of these adorable little things...

And here's the final result. Write a sweet message inside like Happy Easter (Hoppy Easter gets on my nerves for some reason?) and there you have it.


Project #2:
Mom came last week and we completed (read: I forced her) Project Easter Basket Liner. Mom wanted to just order a basket with liner from Pottery Barn kids but I refused. I had this fab basket and wanted Everett's monogram on it somewhere. Mom has all the equipment so my strong, willing stepdad lugged all this stuff down from Oxford so that we wouldn't have to lug all of Everett's stuff to Oxford. This is the original basket with some blue seersucker material and all those navy bags are sewing maching, embroidery machine, etc.
Here's the finished project. All that candy for a 4 month old? Don't judge. The Easter Bunny gave up sweets for Lent and anticipated being sick on chocolate for a few days. Hope everyone has a Happy Easter weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment