Thursday, January 27, 2011

Random Thoughts

It gets on my last nerve when people say that the baby was 7 1/2 pounds when it was actually7.5 pounds. "You crazy Americans will never understand the metric system!" (said with a strong French accent.) People, there are 16 ounces in a pound. This means that if the baby is 7.5 pounds then it is actually 7 pounds, 8 ounces. You see?

My boy is still taking two naps a day. Usually about an hour after breakfast and two hours in the afternoon. Everywhere I've read and everyone I've talked to said that between one year and 18 months, they typically drop the morning nap. I'm really dreading the day he doesn't take a morning nap. One question: How the heck am I supposed to shower in peace?

The Watts had the stomach bug this week. Let.me.tell.you. It ain't nice. Ev had a few nasty diapers and went through three pairs of pajamas Sunday night but we just thought it was something he ate. He acted totally normal. By lunch Monday, Homet was home and sick as a dog. I was at work so my awesome in-laws picked up the little guy and took him to Talullah for a couple days to try to keep him away from his Dad. By Tuesday night, I had some projectile stuff going on. As soon as I got back in bed (just after midnight) my phone rand and my MIL was almost in tears saying she had just gotten sick. I assured her that no matter our condition, we would pick up our boy in the AM. By Wednesday, we were feeling mighty puny. All of us, except ole Ev. He was raring to go. It is tough taking care of a one year old when all you want to do is curl up and die even when you have both parents home. Now, excuse me while I go write a few thank you notes to co-workers for filling in for me Wednesday. I'm fairly certain they wouldn't have wanted me there anyway.

1 comment:

  1. My son just turned 20 months yesterday, and we are still going strong with 2 naps/day. I'm a SAHM, so I'm just going to roll with it and do what he needs. Of course...I'll probably have to put an end to it before he starts kindergarden, ha!

    ReplyDelete