Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Honey do....

We hosted a honey-do shower for one of my "daughters" at work. See, I'm an old lady in the PICU now and have had a hand in training a good portion of the nurses, making them all my girls. I even have one son. Anyway, one of my babies is getting married next month and I couldn't be happier for her. I was really excited about decorating for this and had many ideas that I couldn't wait to try out. Google is quite lacking in the "honey-do shower ideas" category so we were pretty much on our own. We ended up having a ball coming up with decor. They registered at Home Depot and Lowe's so most of the decorations are from their registry and they just took them home at the end of the night!

Their invite:
"Hang a picture!" "Hang a curtain!"
She'll ask it sweetly I'm quite certain.
"Weed the garden." "Paint that wall."
He'll do it quick and never stall.

It's time to celebrate Courtney and Lee.
At this shower, you'll need to be.
A blender, mop, or hammer, if you choose.
Help Courtney and Lee fulfill their honey-dos!



A grapevine wreath wrapped in the extension cord they registered for, along with two screwdrivers and, if you look closely, some needle nosed plyers. We also put their monogram on it to jazz it up a bit! Oh and the rake was theirs too!


Chocolate cake with chocolate dipped pretzels in planters. I ended up wishing we had done the pretzels a little longer so you could really see them but, oh well! The bride is a choco-haulic, just like her Momma!


The living room all spruced up. We used two of their patio chair covers tied to my dining room chairs for their seats.


Pics of the couple along with gardening utensils.


The table with more pics of the happy couple and tools tied to the chandelier (and adorable hostess Courtney Jane Carter Boatright who just so happens to be another of my "daughters" that married her sweetie last August! They're all growing up (tear.))


This one totally came to me in my sleep. I woke up and had to try it. I tried to think of the things we used alot of in that first year and we always seemed to be changing/buying lightbulbs. Perhaps because, in addition to being a choco-haulic, I'm also a lamp-ahaulic. Anyway, I wanted to get them lightbulbs but make it cute. This was 60 and 100 watt lightbulbs with a lighter and sprinkler that they registered for placed in one of my big vases. A little twine (I do LOVE some twine. I mean you can use that stuff for anything. It's like the string version of duct tape.) to make it fayn-cy.

I hope Courtney (yes, I have two "daughters" named Courtney) and Lee had a fab time. We can't wait until April!!!

1 comment: