Wednesday, July 13, 2011

My Nook Book

I realized recently that I have hardly read a book in 20 months. Me, who used to read no short of a book a week prior to Ev, has barely picked one up. I have had the Drew Brees book beside my bed for 6 months and have only made it halfway through. I CANNOT get into it. I assumed it would be as good as Sean Payton's but I was sadly mistaken. However, my reading life changed on Sunday night. You see, I had to work and our boy was sick. Some fever virus that caused his temp to spike to 104.2. Yeah, scary even for a pediatric nurse Mom. Trust me, I was more "freaking out Mom" than "pediatric nurse Mom"! Anyway, after sitting with Ev all day while I worked, Hom talked my Mom into coming to see Shoog so that he could "run a few errands." After work, he met me with a "just because happy." Those don't happen too often after 5+ years of marriage so I was delighted. I opened my happy to find a Nook Color. Let me tell you. I am obsessed with that thing. In the three days since I've had it, I've already read two adult books and countless children's books. Ev is obsessed too. It has apps on it with buttons that make sounds. If you know my boy (or probably any boy, for that matter) you know that he is crazy about anything with buttons. That being said, Ev is napping so I am going to sit on the couch and finish another book. It's a hard life I lead, I tell ya.

No comments:

Post a Comment