Thursday, July 5, 2012

Still cooking

Well, things have been a little crazy lately in the Watts home. At my routine 35 week appointment (I was actually 34 weeks, 6 days), I mentioned to the nurse that I had been contracting during the weekend. I assumed it was just Braxton Hicks. However, I figured it best to inform them as, with Ev, when I started contracting, he came quickly. Doc decided to go ahead and check me just to make sure. We were met with the news that I was already 3 cm and 50% effaced. WHAT? Guess they weren't Braxton Hicks. Anyway, she informed me that, for the next two weeks, I wasn't allowed to work, work out, or even lift Ev. Awesome. I didn't think it necessary to tell her that, just prior to my appointment, I had walked 2 1/2 miles in the 90 degree weather. In hindsight, not the smartest decision I've ever made. Anyway, so bed rest it is in order to get this girl to a safer 37 weeks. If, by Tuesday, I haven't gone into labor, then I'm going back to work! I will likely regret saying this, but I am SO ready to go back to work and work out again. As of my last appointment (a week later), I was still 3 cm, 50% so I feel like I did good. I despise sitting still but don't need to be reminded that it is for the health of my wee one. It's far easier said than done. Anyway, instead of baking this girl, we have set this oven on broil, knowing that she could come any minute now. Any good book suggestions? I like mystery and chick lit but I've read enough mystery lately. Trying to find a fun chick lit book. Four more days of being lazy stretches endlessly in front of me. Any suggestions?

1 comment:

  1. Ok, I posted a comment last night from my Kindle but it must not have liked it. If you get twice I'm sorry!

    I was just wondering about you yesterday and if that sweet girl was still cooking. I know you are anxious to get out and about!

    As for books, if you like mystery, Chevy Stevens is amazing. She only has 2 books out so far but they are both awesome. Whodunits and both times I didn't figure out who it was!
    Her first one is Still Missing and the 2nd one is Never Knowing. Read them in that order. The 1st one is slightly better.

    Once you read all these books (which you won't have time to do again til kids are in college?) do a post on what you read!

    ReplyDelete