Monday, July 16, 2012

Stocking up!

Well, our girl is still holding out on us. I am 38 weeks and remain 3 cm dilated. I work tomorrow and the next day and I'm saying a little prayer that these strenuous 12 hour shifts will kick something into gear. However, I also am trying to appreciate the last couple weeks of (quite possibly) my last pregnancy ever. It hasn't been too bad and I keep having to remind myself that this is 100% guaranteed to end within the next few weeks. Patience is a virtue! That being said, I have gotten a chance to finalize my playlist, buy a few last odds and ends that we needed, have lots of "The Final Adventures of an Only Child" with Ev, and cook, cook, cook. Hom and I cooked for about 6 hours this weekend in an attempt to stock up our freezer meals. Here's a before shot of most of the ingredients...

And here's after...
We made:
Broccoli/Cheese Soup (2 servings)
Chicken/Rice Soup (2 servings)
Penne Chicken Pasta with Sun Dried Tomatoes and Mushrooms (3 servings)
Spaghetti (2 servings)
Honey Sesame Chicken (1 serving)
Loaded Potato Soup (3 servings)
Beef Enchiladas (1 serving)
Boston Butt/Pulled Pork (3 servings)
Chili (2 servings)
Crawfish Cornbread (2 servings)
and Mom threw in a Rotel Chicken Spaghetti (2 servings)
All that, along with a friend and I had a baking day last week, and were able to make Cinnamon Rolls for everyone on my street, along with 2 servings for us to freeze!!
I'm thinking we're in good shape for a little bit.
Here's my 37 week shot. Getting rather large, eh?
I do my fingers to signify the weeks if I can. That way, when I scrapbook, I don't have to remember which week it was. Ev saw me making what I can only assume he thinks is a gang sign. He wanted to join in... Word.
 And, yes, that's a sticker on his ear. I'm not real sure what that was about but he wore it like that for a long time and wouldn't let me take it off.

1 comment:

  1. Large?? whatever!!! you look awesome! And to cook all those meals like that, wow, i'm SUPER impressed!

    ReplyDelete