Monday, September 10, 2012

Observations

1. The temperature has dropped a bit, football has begun (Thank you, Lord!), and leaves are slowly starting to change. To me that means one thing---it's time for candy corn.
2. Ev remains a work in progress with potty training. He has about 1 accident every other day but hasn't pooped his pants in many, many months. He won't even poop in his diaper if he's wearing one after nap/when he wakes in morning. The other day, I picked him up from preschool and his "dirty Ziploc" was filled with the clothes I sent him in. On the bag were just a couple simple, disgusting words: "Undies had to be thrown away." Bless them. Whatever it is, I feel certain these teachers don't make enough.
3. I was recently given a Baby Bjorn from a friend. I never wanted one when I just had one child but now that I have two kiddos, I wish I had a few more arms. With the BB, at least I have two to work with. That'll have to do. Who says "Sister Wives" is so bad?!
4. Is it just me or is there a baby boom right now? Where I work, there were 11 of us pregnant at one time. In my cul-de-sac, there will be 6 babies born in 8 months, 4 within one month (and that's only between 7 houses). We are a fertile bunch, I tell ya.
5. I have been okay sleep-wise up until this point even though baby girl wakes at least once every night to nurse. However, my doc just went way down on my Synthroid dose since I don't need as much as I did when I was pregnant. Thyroid hormone is responsible for metabolism, energy levels, etc. I have a feeling I'm about to hit a wall.
6. My mother-in-law rocks. Like, seriously, rocks. That might be another blog post in itself.
7. The other day, C was crying on our bed. Ev climbed right up there, started rubbing her head, and said, "Don't cry. I'm Everett, your big brother. We're best friends. There's nothing to be afraid of...Daddy killed all the monsters." As it turns out, Homet Man is a hero to more than just this exhausted Momma.
8. The other day, I sent Hom to the grocery with a list. Among other things, it said:
--Grapes
-- Bananas
--Cantaloupe/Strawberries/Pineapple/Blueberries/Apples
(To me, this indicated that he should get grapes and bananas, then chose one or two of the others.) He got every single item in the "/" line. So what do you do when your husband hands you lemons, or in this case, 7 different fruits? You make Fruit Face for your 2 year old. I felt like such a kindergarten teacher.

9. Baby Girl spit up three days in a row right into my belly button...and I had a shirt on. I didn't know whether to be grossed out or down right proud of her aim.
10. My Mom is a quilter. Like could-quilt-24/7-with-only-a-Diet-Coke-break-and-no-sleep quiler. She has a church quilting group every Monday, takes what seems like at least a class/week at her local Bernina, and actually goes to quilting retreats. That's right. Quilting retreats. Who knew they had those?!?! And I promised her I wouldn't talk about her latest sewing machine purchase but lets just say you could buy a small car for the price (and it's her fifth machine.) I told Homet the other day that I guess there are worse things she could be addicted to and he stated, "Yeah, like crack." Alrighty then.

1 comment:

  1. Bless your hubby for getting every single fruit on the list! He's a good man!

    ReplyDelete