Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Self-Sufficient

I asked my boy to go to the office and get Mommy the calculator. I gave him detailed instructions, “If you’re looking at the computer, it’s in the drawer on your left on the top. It’s a blue and white calculator.” We’re working on directions so I figured, what the heck. We’ll see what he comes back with. There’s nothing in there that’ll kill him. Oh wait. Did I leave the shredder plugged up? I’ll just listen carefully. Well, about 3 minutes goes by and no Ev. I was heading towards the office when, from the hallway runs E….no calculator…and no undies. What? “Ummm, E, you’re not wearing underwear.” And then the monologue began, “You see, Mommy, I pee peed just a widdle bit in my undies so I took them off, rinsed them in my sink, finished pee peeing in the potty, washed my hands, and now I need help putting my dirty undies in the washing machine.” I just stared at him. We are now working on separating and washing clothes and cooking us Beef  Bourguignon. He’s nailing this independent thing.

1 comment: