Monday, February 11, 2013

The Grammys

Last night, while watching the Grammys with my Hom, it was glaringly obvious how old and unhip we are. Those clothes were the strangest and the songs....ugh, the music. I looked at Hom at one point and said, "I don't even know what they're saying. That music is too loud." And I wonder who thought it would be a good idea to have rain on stage. Or are Prince and Johnny Depp just too cool to be normal? If Prince actually is now blind and Johnny Depp is actually now homeless, I retract that last statement. I will be 34 this month. I thought I would be at least 84 before I even sputtered the words, "That music is too loud." Then, I woke this morning to find Hom getting ready for work with "Fun. Radio" playing on his Pandora. "Is this that band from last night?" I asked him. "Yeah, I hardly knew any of those nominees. I'm trying to stay up on my music." I absolutely love that man. After hearing a few songs, I realized that one of the band Fun. songs was on my labor playlist for Chaney. So now I ask, "Was I just hip before I realized and now I'm a peak-to-sooner?"

Dress, not so bad. Color? Not so much.



Bedazzler does not mix with ballerina. I mean, that's why we don't mix water with electricity. Some things just shouldn't.

No comments:

Post a Comment