Monday, May 3, 2010

Life

I will never apologize for not blogging because I have been too caught up living life to actually sit down and type about what we're doing. So if you're one of these Generation Y people that gets their feelings hurt because you aren't coddled nearly enough...here's a snapshot of our life in the last 3 weeks since my last blog:
--Rhett attended his first and second crawfish boil. We were eternally grateful for the first because it was at my Dad's land and I'll get to that. We fished, ate, laughed, and planted 5 magnolia trees symbolizing Dad's grandkids (Rhett has two step cousins--the other two trees don't have kiddos attached to them yet but we're holding out that their will actually be two more. If not, Dad figured he'd plant a few extra in case a couple die, the kids won't think "their" tree died...He'll just reassign who's tree is whom's.) It's called Grand Avenue and is fabulous.
--Dad finally married my wonderful stepmom, Gwendy, after 10 YEARS of being together. We are super fired up about it being official now. In fact, I dropped them off at the train station this morning so that they could begin their honeymoon trip to NOLA!
--Dad's land got destroyed by the tornado. This was quite a surreal experience and one I wouldn't wish on anyone. Dad has worked on this land for over 5 years now and all his blood, sweat, and tears has poured into it. See Dad's a bit of a minimalist and when he sold his Vicksburg house after being on the market one day (during the housing slump), he didn't really have a living situation back-up plan. Thus, he moved to his camper on his land in Ebenezer. He has finally finalized house plans and was supposed to begin last week. The camper is in pieces as is my uncle's who had left his there (he lives in TN) because he was going to help Dad build. Both barns were nearly destroyed. One of which he just finished building about 8 months ago. His canoe that he's had since he was a teenager was found hugging a tree about 15 feet up and riddled with holes. The hundred year old trees....don't even get me started. Luckily, Dad was in Oregon on business. His neighbor came to check on him and told Dad, "I'm glad to get in touch with you. I walked into your place, took one look around, and turned on my heel to head back to my place. I just knew if I even tried to look, I'd have found your body." Ugh. PS--Grand Avenue survived because the trees were so small! Glass half full.
--Rhett was baptized the day after the storm and we had so much to be thankful for. Namely that we were celebrating a baptism instead of burying his Paw Paw.
--Mom retired from the Ole Miss School of Nursing after over 20 years. She's now a full-time grandma and we are all happy about it.
--The last three weeks, Everett has been waking up a few times a night to eat which he hasn't done since about 2 months. Let me tell you, it's one thing to wake up and function several times a night when on maternity leave. Everyone expects you to be in a fog. However, when I have to wake up and work a 12 hour shift the next day, it's almost scary. Thank God I only work 2 days a week or there would be some serious kid's lives at risk.
--E got his 6 month shots and check up. He's 17 pounds, 4 ounces (50%). He's 27 inches long (75%).
Anyway, that's all that's going on here. I'm not even going to try to download pics because I'm flat out exhausted. To you Generation Yers--will try to update sooner next time. To Generation Xers--don't hold your breath.

2 comments:

  1. So happy for your dad and Gwendy and so sad to hear about the land!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thankful God is covering your family with His neverending grace, sarah. it's evident. :) keep on smiling and being thankful.

    ReplyDelete