Monday, July 19, 2010

10 things...

We've had quite a draining few weeks in the Watts' household so I've been thinking of 10 things I am especially thankful for today. I encourage you to do the same!

1. My son is 8 1/2 months old and still does not have a tooth in his head. Why am I thankful for this? I still nurse him about 3 times a day and, since before he was born, have been dreading that first bite.

2. My Mom is alive today. It's been a roller coaster 18 months and it isn't over yet but, for today, she's alive and well...and did I mention that she just closed on a house 1.5 miles from me? Whoop whoop. Driving to Oxford was getting old since Everett can make it exactly 2 hours in the car before totally losing it and Oxford is right at 2 1/2. Not a fun last half hour.

3. My husband, my Homie. We met under the strangest of circumstances but he is the most perfect person for me.

4. The hours 8pm-10pm. I love my boy but I totally cherish when he crashes around 8pm every night. Wade and I have two hours of quiet bliss. We can have a glass of wine and talk, watch TV, or even hang from the chandeliers. The world is our oyster...for two hours.

5. My Dad is finally getting his house built on his land. I am ridiculous proud of him. He's been planning this for 3 years and is finally making his dreams come true.

6. My in-laws. You know, I've realized not many people are crazy about their in-laws. I love mine almost as much as my own parents. They are so wonderful to me and treat me like their own. Also, I am so thankful for the way they raised their boy to be the man he is to me, Dad he is to my son.

7. The heat. Yep, I said it. I love summer so much. I hate cold. During the winter, I always tell God that I'll never complain about the heat if he'll just make winter shorter and milder. During the summer, when it's 100+ for 12 days straight, I keep my little mouth closed and thank God for the sun. I think, "It could be worse. It could be 31 degrees."

8. This sounds so lame but I am thankful for Facebook. I live 3 hours from most of my family. I love that I can keep up with my cousin's day-to-day activities. Before, we would see each other about twice a year and they always felt like lovable strangers. Now, I know that my cousin's middle boy, Carson, graduated from kindergarten and saw the adorable pics to prove it. I would have never seen that a few years ago.

9. My job. Oh, don't get me started on how much I love my job. I'm an RN in the Pediatric ICU at Batson and have been for over 8 years now. It is what I was born to do. This sounds so strange but I LOVE to be the support to families going through the worst times in their lives. I leave most days feeling like I eased a little of the pain they were going through. Plus--you should hear some of the stories I have witnessed over the years. Here's a nugget from last week:
Me: Oh I love your baby's chunky legs! (as I squeezed on those adorable baby fat legs. you know the ones.)
Mom: Yeah, he got those from my Mom. She got fat thighs. (Dad nodded in agreement beside her but kept his trap shut.)
Niiiiccceee.

10. My gym nursery. It took me over 6 months to get okay leaving Everett there but, now, oh the freedom! I can go work out for 2 hours without a care in the world. It's especially nice now that it's so hot outside (not that I'm complaining) but it was getting almost impossible to run in 100 degree weather. Not to mention, I didn't want to take Rhett out in that heat.

This is just 10, not my top 10. God's up there somewhere but he needs no elaboration. What are 10 things you're thankful for today?

1 comment: