Monday, September 6, 2010

Splish Splash

I know most of you probably don't care what goes on at the Watts' home somewhere between the hours of 6:30-7:30 every night. However, for those of you who are interested (read: Granna, Grandma Patty, Aunt L, and probably Aunt Buff) here's a chronological photo set just for you. Yep, it's BATHTIME. Since our boy was days old, he's LOVED bath. For the first 6 months of his life, I bathed with him and loved it. As he grew mobile though, my free time got more precious. Thus, this job is happily (for Hom and I) delegated to Ev's doting Daddy. Don't think I'm off lying on the couch or anything though. I'm usually cleaning our dinner dishes. Wade allowed me in our their sacred ritual to snap a few candids. ((Side note: Who knew that Wade sings "She'll Be Comin' Round the Mountain" during his bath every night? No clue why.)) Anyway, without further ado, I give you....Bath time for men

First, you gotta run some hot water.
Only tough guys take baths.

Then, you gotta get the clothes and diaper off (throw in a little tickling for kicks).


Every night that's rolled since we first bathed Everett, Wade has done this. It's kind of a big deal.

"Let's stop and look how handsome we are today."
On the infrequent night that I bathe Ev, Wade checks to make sure I "looked how handsome we were today."

Then we're off to get our scrub on. Land of a Thousand Dimples. Bring on the wedding photo montage. His future wife is gonna love this.


Spend a few minutes playing with our bath toys. Gotta have a boat. Did I mention that his Great Grandfather, Uncle, and cousins were Riverboat pilots?

And finally, the drying. In this pic, Wade is chanting Ev's wrestling chant. I swear we don't watch wrestling but my hubs has quite the imagination. Shoogie Shug is Ev's "wrestling name."
"And now, in the white corner, weighing in at two zero point two pounds from the great magnolia state of Mississippi. The Master of Disaster, the Minister of Mischief, the Iotola of Rock and Rolla, The King of Sting.....SHOOGIE SHUG!!! Shoogie! Shoogie! Shoogie!" Again, no clue.

1 comment:

  1. He does kind of have that Rocky face going on.....Aaaaadriaaaaaan!

    ReplyDelete