Monday, November 15, 2010

Humor me.

I am fired up. Really. Our house just sold. It was on the market 35 days. We're even going to make a little change on it in the process. HOWEVER, I was not expecting for the "grass is surely greener" side. First off, I love our starter home. It is the perfect size for us. If we want another rugrat, that's another story, but for us, it's fab. It's so cozy and is in the perfect location. We are within 2 miles of restaurants, grocery, our gym, E's Mother's Morning Out, Lindsay, Mom, ice cream (oops!), etc. We're only 10 minutes from my work and about 5 minutes from Wade's work. This is the house Wade bought when we were dating, the house we moved in after we married, and the house in which we brought our first born home from the hospital. I do NOT love our neighborhood, lack of yard, and I'm not super keen on the school district. Thus, back to the fired up about selling our little home. I have looked at over 10 homes in two days for us to buy. Who knew people, in general, are messy folk? Wade and I found ourselves almost putting a bid down on a house just because it was actually clean. Never mind the fact that the entire backyard was a HUGE pool and we have a one year old. Almost every house we have looked in is a mess with "projects" throughout. I'm not even talking change the paint color. We're talking change out crown molding (with an emphasis on the molding part), sand and refinish hardwood floors, knock down walls. We will be homeless as of December 17th. Yep, just before Christmas. The guy accepted our counter offer on the price of the house but not the date of closing. We took the money and quit fussing. Anyway, I keep trying to think how fortunate we are that we actually sold our house in this market. I know a lot of people would like to be in this predicament. Someone call the wambulance. I'm back to being grateful that our house sold without hassle. Thanks for allowing me to get it off my chest.

No comments:

Post a Comment