Thursday, November 25, 2010

A memoir

I typically don't blog about the stuff that I scrapbook as it's a little more personal. However, tonight, as boxes pile slowly (Ugh--so slowly. Anyone want to come move us?) around me, I'm feeling quite sentimental. Thus, my three readers get a glimpse into my thoughts...

Oh, this house. We have always dreamt of having something bigger and nicer. We have been saving from soon after we got married for our “house on the hill.” However, now that our house has sold, I’m getting a little sad and sentimental about our first home. This was the first house your Dad ever bought, the home that I moved into after your Dad and I married, this was the home in which we brought you, our first born home from the hospital. This house is oozing love, memories, fun times, laughter, and all sorts of “firsts.” It will always hold such a special place in our hearts. It is just big enough for the three of us. It’s big enough that we aren’t under each other’s feet but small enough that you can’t get away from each other! This home has been the place where all worldly worries fade and the important things become the focus. Work is forgotten and dreams are realized. The Home Team has actually become a team under this roof. When the builder of this house was putting brick to brick and linoleum down (yep, linoleum) he couldn’t have anticipated the wonderfulness that would take place in these 1300 square feet. We will always fondly remember this wonderful, simple, small sanctuary. 702 Oak Lawn Lane, thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment