Tuesday, November 16, 2010

One year. Ups and downs

Ups go first:
Our boy is 24 lbs. (75th percentile), 34 inches (95th percentile), and 90th percentile in noggin size (that means he's real smart even though he won't wave or clap. Argh. What one year old refuses to wave or clap? I mean, he shows me his belly button to tickle, he'll high five, and will even give me the "tough guy face" on command. Why not a simple wave? I digress.)

The downs:
While he is RSV negative, he was noted to have some crackles and wheezes (lung sounds that aren't good.) He probably has a bit of bronchiolitis and will have to be watched closely for the next few days. He's also got some fluid in one of his ears but it's small so if he spikes a temp, it is probably another ear infection. This is for all you formula and day care moms out there: I breastfed for the full year and he didn't even start a mother's morning out program until around 8 months and it's only twice a week. He'll be on his 4th ear infection. Ugh. Just goes to show that no matter what you try to do to protect these buggers, it really comes down to luck, family history, and neurotic hand washing (although sometimes that doesn't even work.)
I just realized my "downs" paragraph was way longer. That's just sad. Here's some more "ups."


--He's not in the hospital and I will keep it that way with lots of fluids and fruits and veggies (and neurotic hand washing.)
--He's going to his first college football game for Thanksgiving, The Egg Bowl. I'm pretty fired up. I'm just hoping that after 5 minutes, when he's over it, I'll have a willing babysitter (read: Granna) to take him home so that we can actually watch the game. Don't worry, she doesn't like football either.
--Speaking of Granna: she looks like a picture of health. She's almost totally given up Diet Coke and replaced it with....wait for it...aww yeah...WATER! My Mom is the bomb. Next, she's going to join a gym sometime this month.
--I'm looking at 8 houses Friday and have already fallen in love with one last week. I'm making sure it's THE house before we make a bid.
--My Mother in law is awesome. I just thought I'd throw that in there because, well, frankly, she is. Also, I think it's pretty rare to have a MIL that you love and I am totally crazy about her.
--The wall came down at work. For those of you that work with us or even within a 50 mile radius of us, you'll know how big this is. We've been working in a construction zone for over 6 months now and we were over it. The new rooms are so nice and state of the art. Can't wait to see it tomorrow!!
There we go. Lots of ups!

1 comment:

  1. that's awesome about your mom! my mom was a DIET COKE ADDICT. and therefore, so am i...have doctors linked it to anything? i know i need to give it up, but geez...it's so good!

    your baby is TALL!!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete