Friday, October 12, 2012

Sibling love and Pooting

 Yes, I'm fully aware that the dreaded day is coming--the one where C starts taking E's trains, biting, and drooling on them. I know they won't always adore each other as much as they do now. But for now, let me appreciate this. He is so crazy about her. SO FAR, he hasn't shown one shred of jealousy. He's always wanting to hug, hold, "burp", and cuddle with her. He's even questioned if he can use my breast pump"horns" to "pump up his Googoos" so that he can feed her too. Don't ask.








He's constantly requesting the I prop her up so that they can "hang out and watch Wittle Einstein's".


She adores him and is constantly smiling in his direction. Nobody can make that girl smile faster than her big brother.
Yep, these two are quite a pair....until this.
E: Mom, set her beside me and take our picture.
Me: Okay, E, I'll send Daddy a pick-me-up at work!
(rumbling tummy sounds followed by an obvious expulsion of processed milk from baby sister right as the camera snapped.)
E: Mom, I don't want to take a picture with her anymore. You can have her.
I mean his face is the look of total submission.

Speaking of pooting, here's a typical convo with this observant almost 3 year old (strangest lead into a story ever):
Scene--driving down the interstate behind a garbage truck.
E: Ewww, Mom, something stinks. Did you poot or did C poot or did I poot?
Me: You pooted, E.
E: (Laughing hysterically--because poots are the funniest, right? RIGHT?) No, I didn't!
Me: No, I think it's actually that garbage truck.
E: (getting very serious) Mom, trucks don't poot.

3 comments:

  1. Please keep writing things like this! Although it makes me miss them terribly, I love to hear his/your thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with L! I laughed all the way through this post!!! My co-workers probably think I'm losing it! haha! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i just read both of these posts, this one and the next one, and i, too, am laughing hysterically! you are SO FUNNY!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete