Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Just for the record...

Lindsay and Mollie, my two girl besties (not including my Mom), went walking yesterday. We walked....and walked....and walked. We walked from the Reservoir to Renaissance and back. It was a total of around 9 miles. However, don't let us fool you. It took about 3 1/2 hours and we didn't just walk to Ren. We actually walked straight to Maggie Moo's ice cream and I had two scoops of choc with Reese's pieces. Anyway, let me tell you that folks can talk about some random stuff on a 9 mile walk. I would compare it to working night shifts in the PICU (which I haven' t done in about 6 years, but I remember. Oh, do I remember.) You would leave work at 7:30 a.m., go home, eat "dinner", sleep a few hours, and wake up. I remember several times waking up and thinking, "OMG, did I really tell my co-worker (who isn't my best friend or even a close friend) all those things at 2:00 this morning?" Anyway, I digress...

This post is for you Lindsay and Mollie. This should clear a few things up...

--"The linea alba is a fibrous structure that runs down the midline of the abdomen in humans and other vertebrates. The name means white line and the linea alba is indeed white, being composed mostly of collagen connective tissue.
It is formed by the fusion of the aponeuroses of the abdominal muscles, and it separates the left and right rectus abdominis muscles. In muscular individuals its presence can be seen on the skin, forming the depression between the left and right halves of a "six pack.""--Wikipedia

--Linea nigra is that dark (sometimes crooked, and that's okay) line that runs up a prego girl's belly.

--The Bionic Woman, Lindsay Wagner, does spell her name with an A! I googled.

Lindsay, one day you'll realize that I haven't been wrong in 30 years and you should just quit trying to dispute me. Until then, bless your little soul.

4 comments:

  1. Glad you cleared that up (about the best friend comment). Where's more pictures of the Rook? I want pictures ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Honey, there are times in my 30 years of knowing you that you HAVE been wrong. I just don't remind you like you do me. ;)

    ReplyDelete