Wednesday, September 2, 2009

...and we keep growing and growing and growing.

We had our doctor's appt. yesterday and everything went great. Again, Rook's heart rate is staying steady at 140 and strong. It sounds like he/she is working so hard in there! I am still measuring exactly right--30 cm. Dr. Shiflett says she expects I'll gain another 15 pounds or so. I told her that I already felt rather large and that 15 pounds just didn't seem possible. She assured me that it was, indeed, possible. I went home and ate ice cream before bed so I guess she knows what she's talking about. Anyway, my diabetic test was fine, blood pressure was fine, and blood level (hematocrit) was fine so I don't have to take iron supplements (thank God!)

We had our first Lamaze class last night too. Can I just say: I heart Lamaze. Not only was it relaxing but extremely informative too. I didn't realize quite how stupid I was with all this labor stuff. I was shocked to learn that I was the only one in the class that is going to even try to labor without an epidural. That makes me sad. I don't know that I won't have to have an epidural. I realize this is like no pain I've ever felt before but I'd like to at least try. Wade is not convinced at this time b/c as I have mentioned, his heart literally breaks if he sees me get a nosebleed. It just kills him to see me "in pain" (though I have assured him that nosebleeds are completely painless!) We'll see though.

I have to work all Labor Day weekend and Monday. Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend and holiday. I'll be sitting pretty in a climate controlled unit with my only Vitamin D coming through the window. I'll be happy if I'm at least sitting though. Probably wishful thinking...

2 comments:

  1. You are one brave woman to try without an epidural! Proud of you! Of course, I had sections with both of mine, but I'll never forget my cousin Missy's words when she had Macy Ryan--"don't be stupid--get the epidural." Hilarious!

    ReplyDelete