Sunday, August 30, 2009

Room for the Rookie

Yesterday, Wade and I spend about 15 hours rearranging our house to make room for the Rook. We really didn't stop until after 10:00 last night. I must say that about 11:00 that morning when our living room was full of pieces of furniture, trash, and laundry, I was quite pessimistic about what we'd gotten ourselves into. However, by around 5:00pm, it started to look like we were making progress. For those of us that are close, you know how sad we've been to get rid of our desk/computer area in our office. Well, we made it all work by taking the side off of the massive desk we have. Sorry to our future guests but you'll have to share your room with our "work space." Don't worry, you'll have internet so what you desire to Google is up to you. Here's how it all went down in the guest room. It's a bit tight on space, I know, but it's the best we can do for now!

The nursery is finally starting to come together. We have art to add for the walls and a few other final touches but at least there's now room for the Rookie. It's still so strange to walk by that room and see a crib.


Here's the chest/changing table and mirror that we (read: Wade) refinished. We (Wade) still have to hang the mirror but apparently that's going to be a big deal because it's so heavy.


I have a doctor's appt. Tuesday. Everything has been going well so far and I hope my vitals stay stable because I have seen too many preemie babies and know I'd rather not deal with that. Now, that Rook has a room, I hope he/she wards off the desire to come early and "take Mom and Dad by surprise."

2 comments:

  1. Lookin' good! I'm sure you are worn out. I used to go in the nursery before my kids were born and just rock in the rocking chair. It was so soothing. That's probably why both of my kids like to be rocked to this day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Job Girl! VERY VERY CUTE!!!!! LURVE the dresser!

    ReplyDelete