Wednesday, August 19, 2009

EXHAUSTED after 15 glorious days off

I love my job for so many reasons. One of them happens to be the ease at which we can take vacation time. I am completing 15 days off and only took one week (3 days) of vacation time. That's right. Ain't it great? Well, here's the thing. I was so excited about my two weeks off that I kept telling Wade, "Oh boy, I'm gonna spoil you rotten on all my days off!" I should have kept my mouth shut but a hard-headed girl, I am. I was determined to make his life bliss while I was off. He did have last week off for the beach but the surrounding days were all mine. Y'all, he had dinner (and lunch) cooked everyday, a spotless house, clean/dry cleaned clothes, errands run, etc. He ATE IT UP and I loved it. However, now I've realized I am exhausted and, that's right, I go back to work tomorrow. I'm actually looking forward to working because then all household duties are all his again.

He jokes that when I have my 12 weeks off with the baby, he'll be pampered again but we know that I'll be plenty busy enough just caring for myself and the Rookie. Maybe I need to clarify the fact that he's JOKING about that???

No comments:

Post a Comment