Friday, August 28, 2009

Last trimester and more projects...

We finally started (what should be) our final project for the nursery. I'm not sure why we opted to do it this week as Wade has been busy at work and I just finished working 7 days out of 8 but it's done. This chest and mirror have been mine since I was a little girl. I wish I'd gotten a true before shot because it was a strange blue color. Anyway, this was after the primer coat of brown. I know it's not the prettiest brown color but it's a process so just go with it...


Next, you add the "crackle" which is basically glue. It's supposed to make it look distressed a bit once you put on the top coat. Here goes the cracklin'...



I mostly watched but I also took pictures and gave Homet constructive criticism as he went. He appreciated it so much. Here's Hom putting on the top coat. We were so determined to finish this step that day. Notice it's now dark outside and probably about 10:00 (both of us having to work in the morning.) We're a hard-headed bunch in this Watts' home.



This is what the top looks like. This will be our chest/changing table. It's not quite complete yet. Wade sealed it last night and I have to get the pulls for it today. I'll have to take a pic of the completely finished project but I think it's going to look good in the nursery. Regardless, we just keep thinking, "All this work and then all the baby's going to do is poop on it." Oh well, Rook will have the most hard earned pooping station on the block.


Another thing this week that's been fun has been that we've received a few gifts from friends and it's like Christmas but for my belly. We keep showing the Rook (aka my stomach) all the gifts and I'm pretty sure he/she is pretty fired up about getting here to try it all out. These adorable little outfits are from a good friend, Mandy, from my work. We'll always have a story to tell Rookie about Mandy because when I was 5 weeks pregnant and we were not telling a soul (well, except Lindsay but she doesn't count b/c she's basically me but short with lighter hair), I got very sick at work. Hindsight says it was probably the second "flare-up" of the Mexican parasite that came back to haunt several more times. Anyway, I digress, I got real sick and had to be wheeled down to UMC's ER. When they were asking me history questions, Mandy was right by my side (she had worked the night before and offered to take care of me until Wade could get to the hospital.) Well, the nurse asked if there was any chance I could be prego. I just looked up at Mandy and cried, "Oh please don't tell anyone. I haven't even told my Mom yet!" Her mouth hit the floor, she rubbed my back, and quietly said, "My lips are sealed." Y'all she didn't tell a soul and we didn't tell work people until I was about 10-12 weeks. Therefore, sweet, lips sealed Mandy is only the second person in the world to know we were preggers! Here's what she gave me last week. I can't believe we'll have a person that size soon!



A few days later, I get home after a crappy day at work and Wade tells me that there's a surprise in the nursery. I cautiously walked back there to find this...

Yeah, one of my best friends, Mollie (aka Aunt Buff to the Rookie), with Lindsay's help, snuck into our house and left us the stroller that goes with our carseat. Lindsay, Mollie, and I walk alot(and used to run alot 'fore I gained a baby) and she decided I needed something to hold our crap (cell phones, money, sunglasses) in when we go walking post-baby so she got our stroller. Next, came putting it together.

Let me tell you. I was fired up but my Hubs, oh man, was he excited. He "strolled" all over the house and stated (to the invisible baby in the stroller), "Mom's at work and we need to go to the grocery. Let's go get some cream of chicken soup." He then proceeded to walk around and reach up for the invisible c of c soup. I could NOT stop laughing. Here's him just a strollin' with our invisible Rookie...

He's trying to pop it up so that it folds up and is smaller to store. However, don't let this fool you. He wanted it to stay in the corner of the living room. A few minutes later, I was wheeling it back to the nursery to try and fit it in the closet and he shouted, "Hey, where are you going with our stroller? I want it to stay in the living room for a while. You get to look at your stomach all the time and think about a baby but I don't. I want to look at the stroller and get used to the idea." That was 3 days ago and the stroller still sits in the corner of our living room. The invisible baby loves it.


Last pic is the 29 week shot. Y'all an outie belly button is just around the corner for this stomach. I kid you not.

2 comments:

  1. Ok that is the sweetest post I've read. Wade is definitely super excited!!! Congrats again. Hope the next few weeks fly by:)

    ReplyDelete