Thursday, August 6, 2009

Arts, crafts, and 26 weeks

So I have now reached 26 weeks. According to my books, the Rookie is about 10 inches long (crown to rump-rump is actually what they call it and I just think that's too funny) and over 2 pounds. I have started looking at ex-preemies that were discharged from the NICU and, soon after, admitted to my work and thought, "Oh my gosh. My baby is about that big now. It could actually survive without me albeit lots of issues!" I say keep growing because 2 pounds is no way to enter the world especially when the bearer of the child (read:ME) was 9 1/2 pounds. I would be okay if it was somewhere between the 2 and 9 pound mark.



I went to a breastfeeding class yesterday at UMC and loved it. It was so informative and gave us some confidence that it's actually might work. I must insert here a serious shout out to my unbelievable husband...he has not missed a single OB appt. and has attempted to stay as informed as myself. This includes reading my pregnancy books to me, reading Dr. Suess to Rookie, and dopplering my belly (with Mom's doppler) every chance he gets. However, yesterday he went so far above the call of duty for pending Fatherhood. He went to my breastfeeding class with me. Some might think this is weird and he was, indeed, the only man there. The instructor was so delighted he was there (as was I.) We were each asked what we'd heard about breastfeeding. This was Wade's statement, "I know it will benefit our baby. I know it's very important to Sara and if it's important to her, then it is a priority for me as well." Maybe it's the hormones, but I almost cried right there. Anyway, enough of that sappy stuff. After bf class, I was all geared up to do baby things so I headed to Michael's to try to find some DIY frames that I could work on for the nursery. I didn't find them but I was inspired to paint a little pic for Rookie. I ended up spending over $100 and came home with lots of little projects. I, then, worked for about 6 hours on them and had a ball. I didn't even work out at all! Anyway, I had fallen in love with this wall art a few weeks back that I found by blog stalking this incredible photographer lady in Alabama. It's on her son's nursery wall...



Okay, I'm not a big "themed nursery" person but I just fell in love with those little counting sheep. I was too scared to actually paint on the wall but I figured I'd try my hand at a little canvas that I could either throw away or easily paint over. So here's my rendition...

Not too shabby, eh? Now, I need a few more pieces for the wall but I'm too scared to push my luck. I feel like it was a fluke that this turned out pretty well!

Anyway, that's all that's going on in the Watts' home. We leave for 8 days at the beach Saturday so I will be sure to post pics. Until then, hope everyone has a great weekend!

3 comments:

  1. OMG! That picture of the sheep rocks! I told you it was not biggie! You did a FANTASTIC job! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sara I agree with Nikki that picture is great and it is even more special because you did it - I wish I had been brave enough to try. Keep it up!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so sweet! Do you know what you are having or are you not finding out? So glad I found your blog!

    ReplyDelete