Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Family Vacation and 27 weeks

Last week was our family vacation to Blue Mountain Beach, Florida. I can describe it as nothing less than 8 days of sun, laughing, games, loving, and food! We had a ball and it was really hard to return to the real world. While we were there, we welcomed week 27 with the Rookie. Rook is really moving alot now and you can just watch my stomach move all over. It's bizarre. I have no control over my torso anymore! The family got to see Rookie really kicking good and hear the heartbeat with the Doppler. Camille (will be 9 years old in December) has really started realizing that there will be a baby here and she is fired up about babysitting. She's forever giving my stomach some love and hoping/praying it's a girl because "Sara, boy's just cry all the time when they're little." Her experience happens to hail from her brother Reid, 2 1/2 years her junior, that had colic. Wade's been obsessed with Dr. Suess' Wocket in My Pocket lately. That's, bar none, his fave to read to us. He especially loves the Jertain in the Curtain. That cracks him up everytime. Here's some pics from our trip and my 27 week belly shot...

The last trip with just us as the Home Team

Giving that baldie some love


Most of the crew


27 week side shot


The girls (minus Grammy)


Next year, I guess there will be two little flip flops also!


After returning to the real world, we had our monthly OB appt. Everything checked out fine. I had to do my gestational diabetes screen. I should hear something soon about that but I've had no complications so far. My blood pressure was really good despite the fact that I've recently been waking with dull headaches every morning. Dr. Shiflett said we'd just follow that. I've now gained about 14 pounds and am suprised it's actually that low considering my eating habits in Florida! I read somewhere that if the baby's heartrate is below 140, it's probably a girl; if it's above 140, a boy. Guess what Rookie's heartrate was this appt??? 140. Guess we just gotta keep guessing! I shouldn't have to have anymore ultrasounds which relieves me because I'm always scared we're going to see a little anatomy down low that will give away what the sex is. My belly is measuring spot-on. Also, we now start every 2 week appts. I can't believe how fast the time has flown. I don't know if I've updated our names in a while but here they are: Girl- Riley Clairain and call her Riley Claire; Boy-Everitt Wade and call him Everitt. Hope everyone likes the names, but honestly, if you don't too bad... It's our baby, and we do! Ha!




No comments:

Post a Comment