Sunday, February 13, 2011

Essentials 4/10

I remember reading a list such as this when I was pregnant. It helped me a bit and also made me conscientious, during Ev’s first year, of our needs. Without further ado (since it’s 3 months late anyway. Who am I to make my readers wait?)… I present the ten things we could NOT live without for our first year of parenthood. I’ll post them one at a time because they’ve turned into quite lengthy little guys!

4. Cheap-o burp clothes- Don’t worry, our child didn’t go without the monogrammed, adorably cuddly burp clothes. However, the child spit up several (hundred) times a day. It never really phased him. He would eat, play, smile, play, bleccckkk, play, smile. You just never knew when it was coming. When in public, I always packed the cutesy ones and dabbed at my golden child’s mouth so daintily. However, at home, we went through some serious rags. Finally, when solids were introduced and he really started eating food, he slowed down on the reflux. Now, we use them for wash/dust rags. They are fab for everything. If you are going through burp clothes as quickly as we were, good luck keeping the cute ones. Another little tidbit: the cheap-o ones absorbed WAY better than cute. Trust me on this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment