Sunday, February 6, 2011

Essentials 8/10

I remember reading a list such as this when I was pregnant. It helped me a bit and also made me conscientious, during Ev’s first year, of our needs. Without further ado (since it’s 3 months late anyway. Who am I to make my readers wait?)… I present the ten things we could NOT live without for our first year of parenthood. I’ll post them one at a time because they’ve turned into quite lengthy little guys!

8. MMO. Ev started Mother’s Morning Out when he was almost ten months old. I only work two days a week. When I’m working, my MIL, Mom, sister, or friend Mollie stay with him. I was starting to feel like he had no interaction with other kids. Also, let’s be perfectly honest…he was starting to get around, not sleeping quite as much, and I couldn’t get ANYthing done around the house. MMO is 3 hours, twice a week. He has 3 other kids in his class. He has 2 fabulous teachers. The first time I dropped him off, I was in shock that I could just go to the grocery, shower, or even get my nails done on occasion. Let me tell you, though, that 3 hours flies by!

No comments:

Post a Comment