Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Sigh

Shoog has bilateral ear infections and RSV. He doesn't even go to daycare. He's not around any kids. Poor fella. He had to get a Rocephin shot and is now on breathing treatments. Here's praying that after his nap, he wakes up happy and refreshed...

I do NOT like to read mopey blogs with poor me, poor me so I will not elaborate on the two hours of sleep Hom and I got last night, most of which I had one eye closed, one open, one hand on Shoog's wheezy, crackly-filled chest counting respirations and contemplating if his exhalation was truly twice the time of his inhalation. Let me tell you, it is not easy for a Pediatric ICU nurse mom to treat her baby without a blood gas machine, IV, and a monitor. Maybe a ventilator and breathing tube on the standby just for safety sake. And a feeding pump with NG tube (he didn't get those thighs from fasting all day. Boy's gotta eat.) Would def need some Fentanyl and Versed for sedation as our boy isn't fond of sitting still either. Anywho.

Here's to praying for a well-napped, well baby. Gotta go now. I've got a few pulses to palpate and breath sounds to evaluate.

No comments:

Post a Comment