Thursday, January 7, 2010

More linebacker than kicker

I know it will be hard for some of you to believe but I really don't want Everett to play football. If he insists, I keep saying he can only be a kicker (or punter is fine too.) I'd prefer him to participate in a much less violent sport...say tennis or curling. My Dad says he'll never play curling because we have no ice. However, we've got plenty of brooms and I'd love for my boy to be a good sweeper so we'll figure the ice thing out later. Anyway, we went to our 2 month check-up and got his stats. I just thought it was me that thought he looked huge. It took him a few weeks to grow out of his newborn clothes but he flew right through the 0-3 month clothes and never looked back. He's been in 3-6 months since he was about 6 weeks old. Apparently, it's not just me. Our boy is 12 lbs., 13 ounces and 24 inches long. That's the 90th percentile in both. Thus, if Everett insists on football, he may be more suited to play linebacker instead of kicker. Although, now that I'm really thinking about it, Morten Anderson was a "husky" kicker. Here's a pic of someone who'll be one of his biggest fans one day no matter what sport he chooses. Nothing like hangin' with Aunt Lindsay. (Can you spot the ever present Hill dimples finally trying to show themselves?)

No comments:

Post a Comment