Tuesday, May 31, 2011

A new business venture???

I am a nurse and have no intention of being anything else. I LOVE my job and cannot imagine there is anything more fulfilling than taking a scary, sometimes horrible situation and making it tolerable to a parent. I work in the Pediatric ICU. Most of us CANNOT imagine what it would be like to have their child critically ill. I hope to have never experience it. However, my passions are taking care of Mississippi's kiddos to the best of my knowledge and taking care of Mississippi's kiddo's parents to the best of my heart. That being said....
I may have mentioned a time or two (or even three or a final four) that I also LOVE a good craft project. My mom has a fabulous sewing machine with a few awesome attachments. Namely, an applique and monogram program. We have had a ball using them and have created some adorable stuff. I thought some of the stuff I received when I was pregnant for Everett were the cutest things ever. We started thinking that we could probably do some of those things. Thus, we set out to try. Never hurt to try right? We ended up creating these for Ev's classmates at MMO for an end of the year happy.


We, then proceeded to attempt bloomers. Everyone loves a good bloomer, right?


And some burp cloths. Goodness knows, I used to heck out of a burp cloth with Shoogs.
Girly

Boy

Houndstooth for that Bama fan out there. I love houndstooth. We plan on monogramming "I drool crimson and white on this one."


Then, my neighborhood had a "Market in May" where local vendors made and sold their crafts. We (well, mostly me convincing Mom) decided that we could really do this. Our big problem is that A.)We suck at all things business related and B) We suck at all things media/logo design related. I was hoping to get help from one of my friends and whip up a quick logo on Photoshop but her computer is on the blink. Argh.
We do have a name already...Naptime Designs. Why you ask? Well, because that is the only time I'm able to sew and applique. During Shoog's naps. So, my honest friends, any ideas? What things do you buy friends having babies? I love all things baby related. We have even made a few outfits but they take a long time to make and we'd probably never get our money's worth.

1 comment:

  1. Cute little diaper bags! My sis in law's mom makes them but they are in north MS so they aren't as easy to find down this way, unless you go to flea markets, etc. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete