Thursday, October 15, 2009

Dr.'s Appointments, Showers, Dilation, Oh My...

Doctor's appointment went well today. My SBP is still staying good at around 115 (the top # on the blood pressure. We need it below 140, I think?) Rook's heartrate was around 140 and my belly measured well. She also checked to see if I was dilated and we were told that I was 1 cm dilated and 50% effaced. Dr. Shiflett said that was good progression for 36 weeks and, hopefully, more indicative that I will not have to have a C-section. I have been noticing that my contractions are lasting longer and getting more....hard. That's the best way I can describe it. It's like my stomach just all the sudden really tightens up and gets so hard. They still aren't at all painful but just more frequent. I told Dr. Shiflett that I'd be OK to go to 41 weeks so that my maternity leave will take me through the Super Bowl (ya know the Saints are 4-0 but I'm not getting cocky. I'm just sayin'). She said it's highly unlikely that I will make it to 41 weeks. It's more likely right at or before my due date. So, sure enough, we will meet our Rook in the next few weeks. SO CRAZY!

Today Lindsay and I are headed down to South Louisiana for my family shower this Saturday. To say I'm fired up about it would be a complete understatement. As some of you know, (almost) my entire family lives in South LA and most of our close friends. We don't get to see all these folks nearly enough and the last time they were all gathered together was probably our wedding shower down there (the day before Katrina!) I'll be sure to post pics next week. Until then, have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment