Sunday, October 11, 2009

Reid-isms

Here are a few words of wisdom from my 6 year old nephew Reid...

Scene: Mom's living room
Setting: Me trying to explain to Reid that the baby could hear everything he was saying to it.

Reid: Yeah, I already knew that.
Me: Oh, well then you have to be careful what you say.
Reid: (eyeing my belly thoughtfully with the almost outie belly button) Is the baby's ear hole, where it hears, through your belly button?
Me: Yeah, Reid, that's the "ear hole."



Scene: Mom's living room
Setting: Me explaining to Reid how big Cooper (Lindsay's dog) is.

Reid: Cooper's almost as tall as me!
Me: Reid, do you realize that Cooper weighs more than you?
Reid: How much?
Me: Almost 100 pounds.
Reid: (with eyes lit up) Oh my gosh. That's so much. You don't weigh 100 pounds do you?
Me: No, Reid, I haven't weighed 100 pounds in a long time.
Reid: Yeah, I didn't think you were that fat but you have gotten fatter since the last time I saw you (turned around on his heel and walked away.)
Me: Alrighty-then.



Here's the tool man himself at our house. He and Wade were trying to "act manly." I do love that boy!

1 comment:

  1. Isn't it funny how children think!!! Life is simple and nothing to confuse you - it is what it is!!! We learn a lot from them if stop to listen.

    ReplyDelete