Tuesday, October 27, 2009

A little bit of Halloween

Wade and I have had a tradition the last few years of carving pumpkins and drinking champagne. Well, this year we skipped the champagne but did carve our pumpkin. We're not doing too much for Halloween this year for obvious reasons plus the fact that I work Friday and Saturday.

Which is bigger???



Our finished product...

In other news, I had my doctor's appointment today. All measurements, BP, weight, etc. looked fine. She said I was now 1 cm dilated and 80% effaced. She said it "could be any day" and that she'd be "very surprised if we make it to our due date." She's out of town from Wednesday-mid Saturday so she introduced me to her partner. She also felt the baby and is estimating that he/she is around 6 1/2 pounds but said that since I was tall, it could be a bit bigger. It's still pretty surreal since I feel so normal. I went and did my normal workout before my appointments this morning and don't feel like I'm about to pop. We'll see. I have 7 days of work left in the next two and a half weeks and am actually scheduled until one day after my due date. When I told Dr. Shiflett that, she just laughed and said, "I don't think you'll be on that shift."

4 comments:

  1. You're getting close. I have a feeling you'll be drinking champagne very soon for a different occasion! I know you're excited.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. You look AMAZING!!! Have you SEEN pictures of me when I was that pregnant??? OMG I stuck out 5 feet. Ridiculous. You, however, are absolutely adorable!

    2. That is one badass pumpkin.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Sarah! I found your blog through Sarah's blog, and I just wanted to say hi and congratulations! You are going to be an awesome mom.

    Sending you love!
    xo,
    erica reid gerdes
    www.ericareid.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. oops, I meant Sara, but cause I had sarah on the brain, I dumbly added that 'h'. Yep, I'm still a dork. Sorry!

    ReplyDelete