Monday, October 5, 2009

Jackson Baby shower

A couple of weeks ago, my "Jackson family" threw me a baby shower at my favorite restaurant, Biaggi's, in Ridgeland. We got so many nice things. It's a little overwhelming, honestly. Anyway, here are a few pics from the fun night...


Parents to be! Wade loves that belly.



My awesome cake (notice the fleur-de-lis!) Wendi, if you're reading this, I have you to blame for that extra few pounds at my last doctor's appt. I devoured the leftover cake you gave me! I couldn't help myself. DELISH!!! Also, we did a "guess the gender, weight, and length" game. Would you believe that people think I'm having a boy 2:1??? Also, I guessed the biggest weight by half a pound at 8 lbs. 8 oz. People, this is no scrawny baby inside of me! Will Rook be a Riley Claire or a Rhett?















My Mom and MIL. Possibly the Rook's biggest fans (though they have some pretty stiff competition.)






























These pics were taken a few nights ago. Wade and I thought they were too funny. The other day, we were outside, noticed my "round" shadow, and couldn't stop laughing. We decided to try to duplicate it by lamp light one night. Strange the things you think of to entertain yourself when

you feel too big to go anywhere!






Also, today celebrates 8 years that Hom and I have been dating. Our first date, October 5, 2001 was to Amerigo's restaurant. We'd known each other for a couple months and pretty much were smitten. However, when you're dating you have to have a "start date", right? This is the one we used. Anyway, when we got married, Wade told me I wasn't allowed to celebrate every little date anymore. I was restricted to our anniversary. Did he not realize he married quite the stubborn girl? So, in honor of this, I'm about to go wake him up and make blueberry pancakes. He should be glad I didn't go out shopping and buy him a big old gift. Then he'd really feel bad. Next up: next month holds the day he said 'I love you' for the first time 7 years ago. My mind is a steel trap...I forget nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment