Monday, October 5, 2009

God's a Funny Little Man

So here's the thing. I'm almost 8 months preggers and everyone I talk to says, "Oh, Girl, get your sleep now." In theory, sounds like great advice. I get it. The Rook will be up all hours wanting to eat from the only food source I intend to use which is yours truly. The mean people in my life tell me I'll have a colic-ey baby anyway. Well, the problem is...



1. I have been working alot lately which puts me up at 5:30 and, I'm sorry, but I cannot fall asleep before 9 pm or so.



2. When I'm not working, I just wake up spontaneously around 5 am. It's not like I'm uncomfortable and can't sleep and I still haven't had to wake up to pee all through the night. I just wake up ready for the day. I'll lay there for about 30 minutes then get stir crazy and slide out of bed in order to not wake the Prince lost in Dreamland beside me. This puts me exhausted at around 3 pm and walking around in zombie-like fashion.


I'm pretty sure God is looking down giggling softly to himself. Is he getting me ready? If so, why? Can't I just learn to not sleep when Baby gets here or at least in the last few weeks when I'm bound to get too uncomfortable to sleep? My only solution is to try, try again. I don't have to work tomorrow so maybe if I take a warm bath, read a good book, and get snuggled in around 9 pm I'll have better success...the whole "wind down" thing which I inevitably suck at. Or maybe I'll just pop a Benadryl and call it done.

No comments:

Post a Comment